Job Posting: Employment Advisor
WIL Employment Connections is currently seeking an individual who is passionate about working with our clients. Reporting to the Employment Preparation Team Leader, the Employment Advisor will work with clients individually and / or in group format to deliver current job search strategy theory and support services, to provide vocational assessments and to facilitate GED exam preparation. As part of a team that works with clients from point of entry at WIL to employment, the Employment Advisor will deliver solutions based on individual client needs. Above average interpersonal skills ensure that communication across the team is achieved at all times, in the best interest of the clients.
- Build rapport with individuals and workshop groups of up to 20 individuals
- Facilitate job search and self-marketing workshops for adult job seekers
- Facilitate career and labour market information sessions
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research)
- Create a positive environment to support clients' self-confidence and motivation
- Administer personality, aptitude, interest and skills assessments
- Assist clients in preparation for GED exam
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop realistic career and educational goals and achievable action plans
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development or the Social Sciences
- Facilitation experience and a demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education
- Flexible work style with demonstrated ability to deal with competing priorities
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to "think on your feet"
- Thrive in an environment with lots of change and variety
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Exceptional communication skills (active listening, verbal, written and non-verbal)
- Resourceful individual, able to research and implement solutions
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals
- Results-oriented, self-directed individual who takes initiative
- Knowledge and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point and internet. Assessment software training will be provided
- TOWES Test Administrator Certification and Level B vocational assessments qualified considered assets
We offer a supportive team environment, with opportunities for creativity, professional development and service excellence, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
WIL values diversity and the personal, cultural, social, and economic benefits it brings to our workplace and our community. Internationally educated individuals are encouraged to apply.
While we appreciate all applications for this position, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward applications, with reference to the appropriate File # 1401 no later than 4:00 pm on Friday March 7, 2014 to email@example.com
To download a pdf copy of this job posting click here.