Job Posting: Manager, Communication and Business Development
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Manager of Communication and Business Development has responsibility for WIL Employment Connections (WIL) and its sponsored partnerships and projects to develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive communications and outreach plan, including but not limited to branding, marketing, advertising, Annual Report and a social media presence. This position also has responsibility for the business development of WIL and its sponsored partnership in order to develop and implement growth opportunities within and among potential partner organizations. This position will be analytical in its preparation of potential expansion of existing and future programming, services, partnerships and innovations.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections is to facilitate the economic and social integration of immigrant women and men and Canadian women and men into the broader community of London and area. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, outreach, business development, stakeholder relationships, and knowledge of and experience with all levels of government (municipal, provincial and federal) as related to business and funding development. The position requires in depth knowledge of technology for strategic and comprehensive communication, a focus on working within community to increase successful employment outcomes for all clients and the ability to position organization and its sponsored projects and partnerships for future growth and opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the strategic and comprehensive communication and outreach plan for WIL and its sponsored partnerships and projects;
- Coordinate and develop internal and external marketing materials in collaboration with WIL and sponsored partnership staff;
- Develop, plan and execute Annual Report; and
- Develop, coordinate and monitor social media presence of WIL (website, facebook, twitter, etc.).
- Develop and implement growth opportunities within and among current partnership organizations;
- Cultivate new stakeholder relationships and funding opportunities for expansion of existing and future programming, services and innovation; and
- Foster effective relationships with all levels of government (municipal, provincial, and federal), in order to advocate for and manage issues related to WIL and sponsored partnership clientele, immigrant employment, related legislation as well as potential funding opportunities.
- Work within the community to improve employment outcomes of WIL’s clientele;
- Provide strategic oversight and management support for organization to ensure corporate alignment, successful communication and outreach and achievement of strategic plan;
- Be active member in WIL’s management team through contribution to functions as participation in regular meetings, providing feedback and input related to overall best interest and future of the organization and working with the Executive Director to achieve the mission and mandate of as established by the Board of Directors; and
- Collaborate and work in cooperation with all teams, managers and team leaders at WIL, including WIL initiatives that are operated in partnership with the community including the London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council and its programs and the Access Centre for Regulated Employment.
- Superior skills in verbal and written communication;
- Knowledge of and skills in the use of social media in order to brand and market organization and to communicate information about the same on a continuous basis;
- Practical and applied knowledge related to communication and outreach/marketing, business development, and stakeholder relations;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field;
- 5 years of work experience in related field with proven track record in setting goals and achieving objectives;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Extensive knowledge of London and area labour market;
- Familiarity with related government initiatives and funding;
- Exceptional team building, communication, and supervision skills;
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the support and delivery of multiple projects;
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict fairly;
- Proficient in use of databases, Word processing and publishing, spreadsheet and presentation software;
- Must have use of a car and have a valid Ontario Driver’s license; and
- Must have a recent criminal background check.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 to:
Hiring Committee/Manager, Communication and Business Development
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Manager, Communications and Business Development in the Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.