Job Posting: Program Coordinator
The London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council (LMIEC) connects local companies with the tools they need to recruit and retain newcomer talent. LMIEC is a community partnership project of WIL Employment Connections (WIL), a non-profit community-based organization with over 30 years of experience provided specialized employment supports for newcomers in London Region. Through WIL, LMIEC is inviting applications for a LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment Program Coordinator.
LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment Program Coordinator
The LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment program brings together internationally trained individual job seekers with local mentors in their field to gain a better understanding of the regional job market; establish valuable networking contacts; and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada. Reporting to the LMIEC Project Manager, the LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment Program Coordinator will work with internationally trained individual job seekers (mentees) referred by partner agencies to facilitate occupation-specific mentoring matches to area business leaders (mentors).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive inventory of the education, skills and experiences of participating mentees
- Screen referred internationally trained individuals and international student graduates for job-readiness, program eligibility and program participation readiness
- Orient referred mentees and volunteer mentors to the mentorship program
- Market the program to the business community, potential mentors and Corporate Champions including cold calling local employers (in person and on the phone) and making program presentations
- Identify and make matches between referred mentees and volunteer mentors
- Work effectively as the liaison between mentees and mentors before, throughout and at conclusion of the mentorship match
- Record, track and follow-up on all matches
- Complete all program and project reporting including qualitative and quantitative reports
- Set work plans, prepare meeting agendas/meeting minutes, update mentor/mentee orientation materials and implement program evaluation protocols
- Provide support with proposal and grant writing for the program
- Provide support in the delivery of group mentoring events and activities in partnership with larger team
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Services or Career Development or minimum of 2 years related experience
- Experience in program coordination with preferred experience in the employment and training sector or recruitment industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of the London labour market
- Experience and training in current job search methods
- Clear understanding of the barriers to employment faced by immigrants to Canada and London
- Understanding of the needs of local employers, and ability to market the program as a solution to their talent attraction and professional development needs
- Self-starter with excellent organization, planning and time management skills to achieve goals with ability to coordinate activities as part of an integrated team
- Must have the use of a car
- Proficient in the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Experience working within databases to enter, maintain, track and record client data is an asset
- Experience with utilization of social media as a networking and marketing tool is an asset
Please forward applications no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12th to:
Hiring Committee/LMIEC Mentorship Program Coordinator
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit their applications electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/LMIEC Mentorship Program Coordinator in the Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates scheduled for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections and/or the London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council including the LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment program, please visit our websites at www.WIL.ca and www.LMIEC.ca.