Job Posting - Team Lead, Employment Preparation
Job Posting: Full Time Team Leader - Employment Preparation
Reporting directly to the Client Services Manager, the Team Leader will provide day to day supervisory support to a team of Employment Advisors, and continue to provide direct service delivery to job seekers. The team of Employment Advisors work with clients individually and / or in group format (in person or virtually) to deliver current job search strategy theory and support services relating to Vocational Assessments, GED, Employment Preparation Workshops, and networking events.
The Team Leader is responsible for providing direction, coaching, motivation and training to team members to achieve best outcomes possible for WIL Employment Connections (WIL) clients, through strategic planning, monitoring, coordination of workflow and resources, establishing process and procedures, evaluation of services, outreach, and collaboration with other teams/projects. Excellent interpersonal skills ensure that communication within and across functional teams is achieved, resulting in optimal client service delivery for both job seekers and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, organization, planning, supervision, coaching, implementing / revising workshop curriculum, significant knowledge in current labour market trends, and proficient knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Supervision and Reporting:
- Assist and provide guidance to team members with decision making and problem solving related to client service delivery and achievement of team goals, escalating issues, as required, to the Client Services Manager;
- Work with Client Services Manager and team to achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets;
- Provide performance management for team members including ongoing day-to-day feedback, coaching, probationary and annual performance evaluation, and team recruitment with direct input/support of Client Services Manager. This will include direct responsibility for team and individual professional development plans and goal setting, training to strengthen skills and monitoring against achievement/objectives; and
- Ensure team reporting requirements are met through the collection, preparation and submission of monthly statistical, narrative and progress reports, by deadlines.
Client Service Delivery Coordination:
- Coordinate and plan the delivery and scheduling of all workshops/sessions at WIL, overseeing day to day operations, prioritizing service and utilizing resources efficiently;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.);
- Contribute to the development of employment related workshops and sessions;
- Organize and host networking events to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market information sessions / workshops for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online, as required;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, online profiles, employment applications, interview preparation ) by reviewing and editing documents, as required; and
- Update case notes and input clients’ information into database.
- Through collaboration with other Team Leaders, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for WIL clients;
- Cooperate with other Team Leaders to ensure that client outcomes are achieved with efficiency,
- based on funder requirements and targets;
- Promote and implement initiatives of the organization/projects within and across functional work teams collegially with other Team Leaders, Coordinators, and Managers;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects; and
- Create a positive professional environment to support team members and WIL clients through open
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development, Social Sciences, or Human Services;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a community-based training environment, or related;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process,
- interview methods, and hiring practices;
- Experience in client service delivery role, preferably in employment service sector;
- Experience with curriculum development, various delivery methods, both in class and/or online;
- knowledge of the principles of adult education, group dynamics, and various learning styles; and
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical
- errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work.
- Demonstrated Skills and Qualities:
- Proven effective leadership and supervisory experience in a team based environment, including
- delegation, follow up, monitoring, reviewing, plan development, and reporting;
- Ability to translate strategic directions into operational plans;
- Demonstrated team building skills, and ability to work integrate team to achieve collective goals;
- Recognized communication skills: Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing
- Genuine, empathetic and approachable with the ability to coach team members in resolving
- interpersonal conflict with colleagues;
- Ability to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, database, and social media platforms; and
- Level B vocational assessments qualification and Common Assessment Training considered an asset.
Please forward applications (cover letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, November 21, 2016 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Team Leader - Employment Preparation
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Team Leader - Employment Preparation in subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .